Fate

“Even if you yearn to escape, even if you depend on a specific religion for your own relief, even if you do something that can positively save someone from jeopardy, the same fate awaits all of us without a single doubt for us to think twice about,” was what I heard repeating itself before birth that sounded mellifluous. Yet, after this, nothing could be heard ever again in this society that seemed so tranquil only in my deaf perspective. Everything and anything was a blank canvas unable to paint itself a story in my lifeless eyes.
Did the ineffable God have to take away such an essential puzzle piece that use to be within the deepest depths in my now empty heart? Yes he did. He stole something that was worth more than money. My sense to hear the natural, endless sounds from this world globally. That thought drenched me in raging, negative emotions that churned like wisps of fire trying to survive the reckless yet intense wind that continued and repeated as the limitless amount of rain falling from the sky represented my vivid smile that slowly started to fade turning dull. However, at least he gave me something in return that was on the verge of replacing this missing tragedy. Something that...
Something that slept inside me. 'It' was cruel, which had the capability to trample over souls that were like flowers yet to bloom. This something answered the thing I heard before life in the outside world that was exposed. “What is this fate that continues like a line of dominoes that kept repeating its actions again and again? Why can’t we escape?” was what my thoughts asked him while having an apprehensive feeling until he could not endure the thoughts that he heard. With this, ‘something’ revealed the concealed answer saying that it was just death. No one had ever ended up stopping this lugubrious fate that had destroyed our lives that were like mirrors getting obliterated into an abundance of pieces mercilessly. But for me, it was something that wasn’t half as bad. I deserved to have already died leaving this world I could never hear. If only I was born in different place, I could have been normal . All the pictures scattered on my bedroom floor were images of me with my family. I didn’t deserve to live in such a warm family. I was the only one who was nefarious even though I was the main character in my life. I wondered if there was anyone who could find my missing emotions that could had restored the missing emotions that caused my smile to appear?
As a result, I yearned to be reborn as a pure person with nothing disappointing me while depending on this ‘it’. “But beware...” with an unfinished sentence, I seemed to have already let my soul go loose. At that moment, I remembered what that voice said at the end before I was alive. She said, “And after this fate, you're just like a wilted rose that can never be reborn, go to heaven or even become something people call ghosts.” A tear formed. I regret this. I am now...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!