Back In Time

The roof was unsteady and weak but the walls seemed somewhat stable. “Perfect,” said my fellow runaway. “I hope nobody’s in there,” I said. Me and my fellow runaways wasted no time to run straight into the house. There was a warm fire sizzling in the small living room. We sat down and warmed up near the fire when I heard a ‘creak’ at the door. I looked back at my friends but they had all gone apart from my best friends Tiger and Cooper. “I think this house is haunted,” I said to my friends. This is going to be an interesting time.
I ran up into the top of the house and found two doors, one on the right and one on the left. First, I went into the right one. When I stepped in, I saw boxes upon boxes full of pictures. I picked up one box and opened it up. When I first looked in, I saw pictures. I pulled out some photos. There was one with a boy that had no body apart from his head. I looked at it for a moment. I looked at another photo, it had another boy on it but this time he had bees all over himself. I quickly put the pictures back in the box and put the lid on the box. I put the box back thinking, “This can’t be real!”
I walked out of the room confused and scared. I didn’t know what to do. I needed to find my friends. I walked back down to the living room and I found a door next to the dark brown TV cabinet. I walked towards the door, curious of what was on the other side, I opened the door and peeked out the door and I saw all of these bomb planes flying around the sky. Then I realised where I was. I was in World War Two.
I took a step through the door amazed and excited. “Where am I?” I called out. My body was shaking all over, I didn’t know what to do. I was back in time! All the chaos and busyness made me dizzy. All of the people were evacuating out of their houses. I didn’t know whether to run with the flow and follow them or go back to the little house. I turned around and looked for the door but when I turned around there were four doors. I walked towards the doors then a witch came out of thin air and said, “There are four doors, and three lead to death but one leads back to the cottage.” I walked towards the first door on the right and walked into it. I took another step then, “Woah” I was falling. Then ‘bang!’ I landed on the floor with an ‘oof!’ “Wake up” Mum said. I woke up. It was just a dream.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!