Lazy Shark

LAZY SHARK
I walked down the stairs of the most famous beach in Australia. The sun was set lowly over the bay. The sky was bright pink, scattered with pure white clouds. The sand was as gold, as a gold nugget and the water was as blue as the sky, with dappled sunlight reflecting off it. I couldn’t wait to get out there with my new surfboard.

I was paddling out after catching a wave. Suddenly, as quick as lightning, I thundered into the shore. I started panicking, a shiver ran down my spine. There was a big shark lazing around in the line-up. I guessed it was about 5 meters.

I waited around on the beach for a few minutes, trying to build confidents to get back out in the surf. I told myself that there’s other surfers out there that have been attacked by sharks and still have the courage to go out again. I must do the same! I love surfing more than I’m scared of sharks! I had to do it. Come on Jack you can do it! I kept telling myself. I left for another surf beach 5 kilometres down the road giving me time to talk myself into going back out.

In the end, it was worth the walk. I surfed for the rest of the afternoon catching barrel after barrel and doing nice mauvers. It was such a great feeling. The morning events were a distant thought. I was in my favourite place. It was all going so well, until my Mum came down to the beach and got me in trouble for not coming home in time.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!