Nel's Sad Journey

This is the sad story of a little girl called Nel. Nel was a beautiful girl with only one wish and that was to see her mum, you see she grew up with out her mother. Not knowing what had happen to her mother Nel spent all her young years with her old but kind grand father. Nel only had a music box that her mother left behind years ago when she left home in search of her son but she never came back home. Nel's brother left home in search of happiness but got in to trouble which was the reason why her mother left to find and rescue her son.
Nel would sit in front of the window for hours waiting and praying for her mothers return. Her mother never came back. Days, months and years passed and still no sign of her mother. On Nel's sixteenth birthday she begged her grandfather to allow her to go out to look for her mum. She knew it was a long shot but didn't know what else to do, she had to do something.
The search began, Nel was positive and ready for the adventure, with her grandfather by her side they started a journey not knowing what's next to come but it had to be done. Days, weeks and months passed. Nel and her grandfather were passing village after village looking for her mother, looking for any clue that might help them.
Nel's grandfather told her that he is tired of looking for her mother and that they are running out of money and that they should just go home. Deep down she knew he was right but it was so hard for her to give up. She was just longing for her mum, but I miss her so much said Nel, why can't I be just like the other kids that have their parents, just when she agreed to go back she saw an old lady sitting outside her house resting her back, who are you looking for my dear she said to Nel, Nel rushed over and said I'm looking for my mum and showed the old lady a photo, old lady said I know this lady, she used to work for the rich family that lives near by, Nel was filled with joy, do you know where she is now jumping with joy, the old lady got so sad and said I'm sorry my dear but your mother was so sick and passed away a few months ago. Nel never smiled again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!