The 3rd Wave

In 1996, disaster struck and the world scorched to pieces. There were only 7 people who survived. This is the story of that day.
"James wake up!" his mum shouted up from the kitchen. He woke up and realised he was late so he jumped out his window and fell straight to the ground and almost landed on his bum, luckily he was ok. But he was still in his pyjamas! And when he got to school, everyone started cracking up and some people started to put it on social media. Even his best friend Liam shared it on social media. James was very disheartened. When he got in to class the teacher said, “What in the earth are you wearing James?” James just ignored her and walked to his desk. Class started with math, which was everyone's favourite subject. And that brightened James’ day a little.
After school, James walked home. Once there, he went straight to his room and turned on his computer and started his math homework.
Once he finished, James started looking on the internet and saw a page called ‘The 3rd Wave’.
James clicked on the webpage. He scrolled down to the end of a massive long page. It said ‘The 3rd wave will happen in 3 days, 4 hours and 21 minutes’. There were pictures of a dead Earth. James was absolutely shocked, he fell off his chair, straight to the ground and banged his jaw.
"NOOOOO!!!" he shouted. "Why does the 3rd wave have to start?" he shrieked. "JAMES!" his mum shouted up from watching the tv. "What?" said James.
"Are you ok?"
"No," he whispered to himself.
3 days later
James woke up and remembered that the 3rd wave was today.
"Oh no, the 3rd wave is today, I need to get to cover before I get scorched," he thought.
So he packed his bag and told his mum about how the 3rd wave is coming any minute so they need to go right now. They quickly got their things and went to the bomb shelter.
James ran as fast as he could and opened the extremely heavy metal roof and he slid himself into it and his mum did too and then James locked it with 7 padlocks and then... there was a massive bang, which was as loud as 3000 lions roaring at the same time. James’ ears popped and so did his mums’.
When it finished, James unlocked all the padlocks and when outside to see what the world looked like and was shocked, the world was an absolute mess, every building was destroyed and all the grass burnt. James saw his friend Liam in the far distance and shouted to him. Liam looked at him and walked towards him, then 4 more people appeared.
Once they were all together, they all looked around in wonder and disbelief. "What are we going to do now James?" sobbed his mum.
"We are going to start a new world!" The end

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!