The Mystery Key

It was 1998 in a town called Botany Side. There was a famous café name Espersio. The manager of the café was called Iren White, he was one of the richest people in town. In his café, he had 20 blue tables, a kitchen, 100 plastic, purple chairs, a dessert bar, five waiters named Finn, Rosita, Swan, Normy and Ruby, he also had 2 cooks, Nick and Rick, 3 cleaners, Ryan, Dave and Robin and last, but not least, his cashier, Daisy his most trusted worker. The reason why the café was famous wasn’t because of cleanliness or the tidiness, it’s because of the food.
It was a fine summer Friday morning, the cafeteria just opened and there was already 12 customers. Then suddenly a woman in a winter coat, lime green pants, black gloves and a beanie came in.
“Why would anyone wear those ridiculous winter clothes in summer?” thought Daisy.
The strange woman approached the counter and said in a hoarse voice, “Where can I sit?” This scared Daisy a lot, she shivered and stuttered slowly, “A-a-um-t--there is a seat there,” she pointed. The stranger looked around at the table and back at Daisy and grinned and then she dashed at the table, sat down and took out her old broken mobile.
Finn went to the strange woman, took her order and came back and whispered to Daisy that the woman is very rude. After 10 to 15 minutes, the food came to the stranger who ate it most greedily. When she finally finished, she went to the counter, slow and steadily with her stomach wriggling on the way. She paid and went on her way.
After the woman walked away, Daisy found a weird, old key on the floor and when she touched it, it was so smooth like a polished gem. She knew this mysterious key belonged to the stranger, so she ran outside, luckily she wasn’t far away. So Daisy ran up to her then when Daisy was only 20 feet away, the woman ran to the right, to the left, straight and then she slowed down. Daisy was following the woman carefully when the woman turned to Price Street.
Daisy was amazed, nobody ever went to Price Street, they said it was haunted, but Daisy knew it was nonsense, all of it was nonsense, but she was still scared. So she took a gigantic deep breath and very slowly tiptoed behind. The stranger finally made a stop in front of a very old, broken, creepy house, it had missing roof tiles and broken windows, it was also very rusty. The stranger stopped and took down her hood, it was Gimmy. Daisy was astonished and yelled, “What are you doing here!”
Gimmy jumped and said, “Me, what are you doing here?”
Daisy explained why she followed Gimmy.
Then Gimmy took the key and opened the door, inside was golden treasure. Daisy had questions, lots, but could only gasp.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!