A Story Of 2 Friends

There she stood, mesmerized by what was in front of her. It was all too beautiful. This jungle truly was a sight. It glimmered and glowed. It shimmered and sparkled. It wiggled and jiggled. It was no wonder why it was called Jungle of Beauty. Wow! She gasped.
She began to wander around. She was sniffing an aqua flower when she heard a large branch crack under some weight. The flower in her hand plucked off the grass as she stood up. She reluctantly spun around. Before her stood a woman. Her appearance looked like a cross between a girl Indian warrior or and American cowgirl. On her clothes, she had a badge pinned on that said Sam.
“What is your name?” Sam asked.
The girl opened her mouth to speak but no sound came out. “Close your mouth at once. You are not a fish.” Her mouth closed obediently. “What is your name?” Sam shouted.
The girl found her voice, “Chloe.” she said.
“Well let’s see Chloe. You have nice long blonde hair with tan skin.”
“UMMMM Sam are you possibly local?” asked a very unsure Chloe.
“Yes,” said Sam.
“Could you possibly show me around,” Chloe asked.
Sam grabbed Chloe’s hand and they walked towards a vibrant sunset. Sam was just like a guide showing a person around. Until one very humid day Chloe said “Sam I was wondering you would like to be. I don’t know my friend maybe?”
“Well that’s a very hard question,” Sam said. “Would I like to be your friend? Of course!!!”
And that’s how they became friends. But the real question is what did they do once they became friends?
Well that’s what you’re going to find out right now.
One very hot day when the sun was so hot it was making them sweat and they were all red and blotchy they went out for a walk. The map that they were following led them up to a very high cliff with vines attached to a sturdy tree beside it. They looked down. There was a pool below them. They were going to be Tarzan the monkey man and swing on a vine into the clear, clear water.
Sam went first. She swung and swung. She let go and fell into the cool, cool water. But when Sam fell she realised that the pool was full of sharp rocks. She landed in the pool with a splash. Her body didn’t resurface.
“SAM,” Chloe screamed. She ran down to the pool. It must have been a few minutes after when Chloe heard a voice behind her.
“I fooled you good,” said the voice.
It was Sam, she was alive.
“Hahaha,”snorted Chloe. The sun started to go down over the hills.
“We better leave,” Sam said. Then hand in hand they ran across the same hills the sun just went over a few minutes ago.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!