Being In Someone's Shoes

The cold, raw air broke through the old palace doors. A dark shadow filled the room and everyone felt like this soles have been dropped in a pool of hate. The palace doors slammed open. And old hunched, short man wearing a silky black cloak, stumbled into the room. A certain uneasiness and fear surrounded this old man.
The selfish King of the palace was curious. What is an old man doing in my palace? Why is he here? the old man went down on two knees begging for money. The King, horrified, ordered the old man to leave his sight, he got back up then mumbled, “You will be sorry.”
The king was startled, “what does he mean I’ll be sorry?” those four words echoing through the Kings head repeatedly.
Two weeks later, the old man came back to the palace. The doors open silently as the old man quietly climbed up the stone carved steps to the tower on the east side of the palace. “Last steps finally,” said the old man as he push the trap door open, and he looked around carefully into the dark cobwebbed room. He saw a cauldron and on the shelves to the right side of the wall, there are some bottles. Inside the bottles with some gross, slimy liquid. He looked at the bottles labeled marked Gazinos, Bizingca and Lardos. He put the three liquids into the cauldron and spoke out loud “Isalookabuckilay” immediately the skies turned red blood and the winds howled like a wolf, and then in an instant, the skies turn blue again and the wind gently flowed. The spell was lifted.
The king woke up in the palace pigsty wearing old with peasant clothing. The king was startled as he looked around, “Where am I? I thought I was just in my bed a second ago.” He was confused and scared as a truth was revealed.
You see, back at the palace the old man was there where in the Kings clothing. Here’s a fact, the true King. Many years ago, I could’ve had been placed on the rightful King, turning him in to an old peasant. At last the true king has returned to the kingdom, and that peasant is where he belongs.
The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!