The Bushfire By A Cigarette

A man named jack was coming home from Brisbane on a plane to Hobart. On the way home he was smoking in his car and threw his cigarette out the window near a bush. The cigarette was still on fire and fell into some dry grass. Then the grass caught on fire and was heading towards the houses. A strong gust of wind came from the north. It spread the fire towards some trees. The people in the houses called the fire brigade. As the fire brigade was driving they realised how large the fire really was. The flames were getting, bigger and the smoke was getting thicker into the air. Firefighters had to put their B.A(breathing apparatus) To breath in the smoke and go through the land with fire trucks with people on the back. Putting water and foam on the grass that was on fire. Firefighters had an exit area where they can meet with the other fire brigades.
The time was 6.00 in the morning. Helicopters flying around the area put water on the grass, trees, and bush. The fire brigades had the radio, so they can tell where they are and what they and doing they had to go to the end of the farm. They were telling firefighters the address where they were the house number was 167. The fire was getting smaller and smaller than an apple, so the firefighters were going around the fire with water. The fire brigades had a plane from the airport and put a big splash on the fire. It got the fire area where the fire was. After 1.00am they opened the roads and the gates for the cattle. Jack came past the fire that he had started with a cigarette on the grass. Jack was thinking how careless by thought his cigarette out the window of the car.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!