My Life In Hell

The wind fought against me as I pushed on through the icy frozen wind. My cottage lay in view, I was going to make it.
"Awooo!’
Only one thing came to mind. Run! As I bolted for safety snow started to fall. I heard pattering footsteps behind me.
“Crunch.”
“Ahhh!” Pain galloped through my leg, the snow turned red, my face pulverized the frost and ice, and I started to go blue. My eyes shut and the snow fell. This was the end!
“Cut!” called the director.
“Man that was exciting!” I shook off the cotton buds and the play ended. Or did it?
The bitter city wind ran through my hair. Step-by-step it got colder as if it was about to snow. It was too cold! I had to run back to the apartment.
“Brrk.” Someone slammed on the brakes of a car. I ran faster. I turned my head and a man and two black and brown canines leapt out of the car. It started to snow. The dog started to sprint. My apartment was now only 70m away.
“Crunch.” I collapsed at the door, my leg was bleeding. I clawed at the ground moving my weight and body to safety. I was alive!
I came to work the next day with my leg well bandaged. “We’re on in three, two, one… action!” called the director. Goop dribbled down the Corridor. I was armed with a spade but I had no clue what I was up against. As I peered around the corner of the corridor what I saw almost made me faint. A big fat giant gumball looking thing with one eye. “Bong.” It jumped about 3 m high, and then. “Splat!”
“Cut! Cut! Cut! Cut! Cut! No! Blob you’re not sup…”
“Hurt, man! Bellowed Blob! Crash! Crash! Crash!
The thing repeatedly hammered my head into the ground. My eyelids felt heavy. They closed. Lights out!
I awoke in the warm comfort of the state hospital. My head still hurt, it was as if I was still being squashed by the giant, blue tractor size monster. I peered down at my legs. Both broken! I checked my right arm- broken! I’d fallen off a bridge, I was in a black hole being ripped apart, bit by bit but not even that could describe how I was feeling deep down. My mind was a complete bumfuzzle. The monster was just so catawampus! I was so utterly terrified.
Months past and I learned to walk again. I was so shaken from some of the dreams I was having that I couldn’t shift my frown from my face. Weeks later I left the hospital. I decided I’d go to work the following Friday. When Friday eventually came I probably could’ve filled a swimming pool with sweat. The horrendous events that had occurred in this very studio was the only thing that worried me!
Lunch finally came and I hadn’t been squashed by any monsters but I felt as though something terrible was about to happen. In approximately five minutes my last scene would start. But, what I didn’t know was it was literally going to be my last scene.
“Action,” called the director.
I leapt out of the train and what I saw made my heart pound. My family. My wife’s blonde luscious hair blew frantically in the wind. My kids sprinted towards me, I tackled them in a big hug. My life felt complete!
“And cut, oof!” The scene collapsed and a mob of cheering fans bombarded me. I came a cropper on the ground. Why the mob attacked? Blank. But I knew one thing for sure my life would always be incomplete!
“Yes! Yes! Yes! Cut. This movie was great… crazy dogs, blob monsters and weirdo mobs… you’re going to be a billionaire.”
Well that’s what I wished happened!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!