Gold

I crept on, listening to the breaking leaves under my feet.
I wonder what the metallic gold colour is. I try and try, but I just can't. Just can't get to it! I struggle to walk, now I can't even talk…what is happening me? I strive to get up, I can't move my legs, then I fall asleep, not knowing what is occurring.
I wake up, it's 2am in the morning. Dead and dark. Thinking about the blinding brightness, I see the shine, strong and bright. I move my legs and gain strength to get up. Following the light as it gets closer and closer. Tip toeing out of the house and into the garden.
In due course, I get up to the grey tinted, metal shed. Letting the squeaky, wooden door glide open, I step back. I step inside, cautious and quiet. I walk up to the glow, alive and vivid. A pile of magnificent, glorious gold. I touch it, it zaps me. I pull away, then move towards the pile again.
Gathering the whole pile, I gently tuck it away in my 20,000 dollar bag. I then trek away, never to be seen again...
I woke, wondering what did I do with the goods, what it was worth and wondering why did I stop?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!