King Jacobs Downfall

Razor looked over the hill at Gorgalens and saw nothing but peace. That was soon going to change but no-one, not even Razor knew that. He looked back and his long grey hair flew around. "Master, Master!" Razor turned around and saw a Gorgae running at him. They were big, ugly and something you did not want living in your house. "What do you want Gorgae?" Razor asked in his deep voice. "Master Razor there is a human at your door!" the Gorgae said in a petrified voice. Razor raised an eyebrow. He had a habit of raising an eyebrow when something odd happened. "Do you know who the human is?" He questioned. "Master Razor! It is King Jacob!" answered the Gorgae. Razor had a bad history with King Jacob as they were brothers but Jacob was favourited by their parents. Once Razor had turned 20, he got cursed by King Jacob. But it got backfired and made him very powerful. 5 years later he had gone to get revenge on his brother for trying to curse him, but he had gotten burnt, badly burnt. By a dragon as the dragon talked and said something very odd. Razor didn't like what he said and tried to slash him with his sword. Razor never forgave Jacob since. When people referred to 'Razor' he was often known as a dictator or as younger people would have said, 'a baddie.' Razor walked to the door and opened it. Standing there was his brother, holding his staff and wearing his crown and purple robes. "Brother, will you welcome the king in? Or will you slam the door in my face aga-" there was a big slam noise. Razor had slammed the door in Jacobs face, again. From inside the lair you could hear a sighing noise from outside. Then footsteps growing fainter. Razor grinned, knowing he angered his brother. The gorgae looked as though they might burst out in laughter, and once they knew that Jacob was definitely gone, they did. There was a screaming noise coming from the village. Razor ran to the hill to overlook what was going on. There were big blimps in the air dropping missiles. Razor could see a man holding a staff and wearing a crown and purple robes. He watched as his brother ran around the village helplessly. Jacob ran to Razor's castle begging to come in as it was the only safe construction in the village. Razor opened the door, smiled and said "Sorry brother" and King Jacob dissolved into tiny pieces of dust.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!