Officer To The Rescue!

She opened her big brown sack to check that its contents were still safe inside. The young woman breathed a sigh of relief when she saw that they were still there. It was now almost seven o’clock am as Emeline Poireaux jogged back to her home and slumped down into a very deep sleep for the rest of the day. When she woke, she realised that she had slept throughout the day and now it was night again. Emeline tried to go back to sleep, but no matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't. Finally, after about an hour, Emeline got up to get changed. It was four o'clock am by the time she had eaten her breakfast, and now Emeline was fully awake and ready to do her delivery. She grabbed the big brown sack and raced to her silver convertible. She jumped in and zoomed off.
A couple of minutes later, Emeline had reached her destination. A man was waiting for her outside a small, broken down house. Emeline followed the man inside, where he punched her and she blacked out.
Emeline woke a couple of hours later in total darkness. She struggled a bit with the thick rope binding her wrists and ankles before she heard muffled voices. Emeline strained to hear what they were saying, or even arguing. "I need it, now!" said a voice. "Well sorry mate! I can't help you there!" said a second voice. There was a distinct knock on the wooden door. The arguing subsided as someone opened the door. There was a sound of brisk walking and Emeline saw the door locked cupboard she was in open. "Hello," said the police officer. Then he turned to the other men in the room. "You're under arrest for kidnapping and thieving." The officer handcuffed the burglars, ignoring their protests. He helped Emeline out of the cupboard and cut the rope holding her, which had left marks in her skin. "Thank you," she said breathlessly as she massaged her cuts. "Anytime. Just stay out of trouble!" the police officer left without another glance, pushing the robbers in front of him.
Emeline went outside and rushed into her car. She zoomed home and packed, bought plane tickets, and was out of the country on her way to Australia before you could say "vacation".

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!