Zora's Piece

Boom! The thunder sounded like ten speakers playing a chaotic mixture of songs all at once. “Why is the thunder so angry?” Sorako murmured, “It hasn’t been like this for one hundred year!” Suddenly a roar echoed in the distance. Saroko jumped with fright. “Oh No! Ganon has awoken!” thought Saroko.

“Your Highness!” shouted a worried guard, “The...the...we think the princess has been captured by Ganon! I’m so sorry to be the one to deliver this message to you, Your Highness!” He bowed humbly, showing his respect for the great king.

“What are you going to do to me!” Screamed Mira, struggling to untie herself. Ganon just ignored her. He threw Mira into the tiny cell and locked her up with an enormous metal key.

Soldiers’ footsteps sounded like drums beating. They had their armour on and their swords drawn as they stomped towards the evil fortress. They were ready to take on whatever was waiting for them to save their precious princess.

“I’m just going to lead them to the trap and let you watch your citizens be slain! Hahahaha!” roared Ganon outside the cell, “ And then I will control the two Triforce!”

Speechless Mira felt a strong wind floating her up in the air and a mist of white emerged around her. Mysteriously the Stone of the Zoras appeared right in front of Mira’s eyes. “Take it!” commanded a voice from distance kindly and firmly. Astonishingly, reaching out her hand, Mira grabbed the stone and suddenly she fell on the ground with the stone in her hand!

“Tish-Tassine!” whispered Mira.

The stone flared with power and different shades of blue energy radiated from the rock. Swiftly, a liquid called Zory started to to spill from the stone and onto the floor forming a luminescent blue puddle. Mystically, the puddle was led by a power of the unseen and hastily flowed between the gap of the bricks! Out of the cell, into the hallway, growing up the walls like a serpent until it covered the entire fortress.

Unaware of the released power of Zory, Ganon laughed arrogantly at the pathetic little soldiers and prepared to fire the trap in a nick of the time. Just a blink second before Ganon targeted the troop with the traps, the fortress suddenly turned aqua right before the soldiers’ eyes! “Look! The fortress!” the soldiers shouted with excitement.

Kaboom! The fortress exploded like a volcano! Ganon was ash burnt by fire and roared with defeat. The soldiers searched the debris of the fortress, but something was terribly wrong: Mira was not found! Mira was a heroine for the Zoras and brought peace to her people. Today the souls of her people are still searching for her.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!