The Mad Scientist

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

In an underground lab lived a mad scientist who was always trying to create spectacular potions. One day the mad scientist created a green sparkling potion. Inside he put, mermaid scales, fish bones, green fairy wings and a dash of magic from a spirit. He then decided to taste it. Once the potion had touched his tongue he felt, sleepy, lazy bothered. A dizzy sensation came upon him so he decided to take a nap. When he woke up he was no longer in his lab. He was in water but he wasn’t wet or cold. Next to him he could hear singing, he turned around and saw that the fish were singing. He spotted a huge palace, he started heading for it. Every step he took the smaller the palace got, when he reached the doorstep it was no longer a palace but a little old hut with tiny Windows and a tiny door that only a cat could fit through. He turned to leave but found that his feet were stuck, he couldn’t move! Then as if on cue a tiny women the size of a teddy bear came hobbling along with a walking stick which really was just a stick. The women had a very long nose that pocked him on the back of the legs when she was a meter away!
‘Hello Norman I have been waiting for you.’ The old lady croaked
‘H...H...How do you know me?’ Replied Norman
‘I can see the future, I saw you in my future, I can see your future!’ The lady replied as if talking to herself.
‘Can...can you really? Can you tell me mine?’ Norman asked starting to get excited.
‘Yes I can but...alas I will not say until you give me something my heart desires most!’ The little old lady chuckled to herself as if she knew he couldn’t do it.
‘Well...what is it you want...?’ Norman asked sounding curious.
‘Ah I want a potion that will make me live forever!’ The old lady told Norman as if retelling a story.

Norman was set free, he ran down to the river where he first came, scooped some water and started to make a potion. First he put, the singing fish tails, pink tree leaves, and some pink sand by the river then added the water. He mixed it till it shone, but it was missing something. Sunlight. He climbed the highest tree, placed the potion up In the tree and waited. Once the potion sparkled he took it down and raced back up to the palace, watching it shrink into a hut. The little old lady was waiting for him...
‘I have examined your future, you will become the most well known scientist alive, everyone will know your name...Norman. There, I have told you, now I want my potion.
Norman handed the potion over watching the lady drink it. She grew tall very tall, she chuckled, Norman hand made her evil

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!