Eco-Crisis

Wind blowing... Flowers blooming... Fresh air... Beautiful CLEAN air... Running streams......... “Dusty! Dusty get up you big oaf!” The big, fat hairy goat snarled...SPLASH. “Aggghhhh! ... Henry? Ggerroofff me! Dusty woke up with a start as he smelled the putrid water splash his face and saturated his clothes in just a short moment. Not that there was any clean water, not anymore anyway... “Watcha wake me up for?? Blimey it’s only 3 am you idiot! ”He groaned as he groggily glared at his younger brother Henry. “You won’t beLIEVE what I found Dusty! Come on! You need to see it!” He giggled like a 5 year old even though he was 9 (3 years younger than Dusty) . “Come ON!!” He giggled as he tried to pull him out of bed. “I’m coming! I need to get changed!” He said, looking bedraggled . ( 1 eternity later) The brothers walked through the bush, though the environment and ecosystem had almost completely been destroyed. “Are we there yet?” Dusty said as they trudged around all the utterly dead trees and mucky streams. “There it is!” Henry bubbled. And there, in the middle of what used to be a blooming clearing, was a.... tree, the only live tree in the area, and on the tree, was a small feeble, koala. It could be a start of a new, clean environment! Australia can strive again! HISSSS! “Henry Noooo!” It was a king brown snake! !and Henry was on the floor, clutching... the baby koala. What would happen to Henry and the koala now...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!