Underground Horror

My feet step onto the escalator leading to the third underground storey. The sound of the trains speeding by echoes through my earphones. I look next to the left where the escalator going up is only carrying one person. Someone with a red nose and crazy coloured hair. I turn back to the platform in front of me, I'm almost at the bottom.

'8:05 train to London boarding now! All aboard!' The conductor of the London Express shouts. I run towards the platform, not wanting to miss my train.

I show the conductor my ticket, he examines it and nods to show I can pass. I step onto the train and a cold breeze coming from the fan inside the train sweeps off my blue leather hat onto the train tracks.
'Damn' I say under my breath.

I try to catch it as it falls but the doors of the train close in front of me, leaving a gust of wind to push me to the floor.
The floor underneath me starts moving. The journey has begun. I pull myself off the floor and find a seat at the other end of the carriage.

We pass many towns and stations but then something weird happened. The clown from the train station was at the other end.

A shiver goes down my spine and I start quietly panting. The train speeds into a dark tunnel for a few seconds, it's pitch black and I can't see anything.

No light is coming through. We should be out of the tunnel now. I hear a screech of train tracks and we begin to slow down. I hear footsteps, itching closer to my body. I feel the presence of someone else their breath blowing onto my back.

A rigid pain stabs through me and my lungs ache for air. I try to scream but nothing forms on my lips. The wound is unbearable and my head feels dizzy. My eyesight goes blurry and soon I feel myself drop to the floor.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!