Rainbow Beach Days

I follow the wagging tail, further and further away from the campsite. My dog Tessa looked over her shoulder every once and a while to check that I was still there, and safe. Like a second mother, her instinct was to protect me, dogs are often protective like that. I didn't really focus on my parents too much, but apparently, they were worried sick! Suddenly, I entered a mysterious land that lay beyond this island. There was black sand, everywhere! I wondered if the black sand is edible, so I try it. "YUCK," not edible. "Summar, Tessa" mum calls repeatedly. I wonder why she keeps saying our names, is she singing? Well, if she is, it sounds horrible! I end up going back to the campsite, but only for 2 reasons: 1. Because Tessa is going there and 2. Because I have a feeling that if I go there, mum will shut up! As I enter the campsite, mum hugs me for aggggggges. When she finally stops hugging me, I get bored and decide to go sit on Tessa and use her as a Horsey. “Wow,” I actually thought she would have kicked me off by now, but no, she is actually tolerating me. Except for the fact that mum has pulled that camera out again and Tessa has that embarrassed look on her face, not to mention that I felt very embarrassed and awkward as well. Well, I have felt like that for the whole trip nearly because SOMEONE (mum) has literally had the camera out for the whoooooole trip! Anyways, moving on, I can still taste that horrible taste of the black sand in my mouth, it’s rubbing against my teeth and is DISGUSTING! Well, mum’s chasing me around trying to get me to have a shower only so that afterwards I have to eat a disgusting meal, which I will probably end up spitting everywhere. She says that fish is high in protein, which apparently little bodies need to grow. (I hope she wasn't referring to ME as little.) She also says that I grow in my sleep, but I think that she just says that to get me in bed!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!