Mum's Makeup


A little while ago on a rainy summer day, I wandered my house, almost like a stray. When all of a sudden I heard a mighty screech. My mum called out, I’ve forgotten the bleach!

She ran to the shops leaving me by my self, then I saw something atop a very high shelf. There were purples and reds, and a little bit of green, a rainbow of colours just waiting for me!

I started the climb, first onto the sink, and then reaching out I grabbed off the pink. I opened it up, and to my surprise, inside was a brush just perfect for eyes!

I painted it on, first on my face, and managed to smear makeup all over the place. The towels were stained yellow, the bathtub was pink, and frosty blue eyeshadow coated the sink.

When Mum returned home from her trip into town. Her smile, very quickly turned into a frown. There was a shout and a smack, now my bottom is red,
NO DINNER FOR YOU, AND STRAIGHT OFF TO BED!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!