Deep Beneath The Blue Surface

The dying sun's last rays of light dazzle as they are captured on the surface of the water. They ripple as the tide comes and goes.
Plunging into the enticing depths of the ocean are secrets, and untold stories long forgotten.
Uncovered truths and shipwrecks from centuries ago.
The vibrant colours of the many corals are sublime in their beauty; they stand tall and radiant.
An ocean so vast and beautiful; so full of life.
It is home to many marine life creatures.
The seabed stretches out for miles, lined with many luminous seashells, enthralling those who journey to see them.
Through the salty water blasts shafts of light, obscured by the never- ending bustle of the enchanting marine life.
Among the commotion a breathtaking swarm of jellyfish appear, floating through the sea.
They glisten as they pass.
One jellyfish lags behind, compared to the rest it appears significantly duller; it is clear that it is out of place.
This jellyfish no longer looks like a jellyfish … but like a grey plastic bag.
A turtle died, because a jellyfish was not what it seemed.
This is not the first time this has happened, however we can make it the last.
The ocean is one of the most wonderful natural wonders of the world.
Let’s not abuse it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!