Edward The Hero Of The Night

Edward the Hero of the Night
A long time ago in a kingdom there was a prince called Edward and he always wanted to be a knight but his father (the king) kept poor Edward locked up in his room all day. If only Edward could use that day to be a knight. As Edward was watching the knights train in the courtyard, he had the most daring plan – he would disguise himself as a knight and the other knights might think Edward is a knight so Edward can train. So he jumped out of his window and landed on a soft roof to one of the market stalls. Then he crept forward to where the knight trained and grabbed a sword. But before he could disguise himself his father saw him. Edward was lead up to his room and bars were put on his window. But Edward was very sneaky because he kept the sword behind him when he was lead up to his room. If he had gotten away he would have been a hero of the day. When Edward went to dinner his father was very disappointed in him. Finally as the young boy lay in bed he heard a scream. He looked out his window and saw a massive red dragon carrying Mabel, the princess. Edward thought, isn’t a knight going to save her. But everyone was asleep. Edward knew this was his chance to be a hero so he cut down the door and ran to the court yard. He chose a grey big horse to ride on and a circular silver shield. Then he followed the smoke tracks and it lead him to Mabel and the big red dragon! The dragon breathed fire at the prince but Edward blocked the fire with his shield. The dragon picked Edward up and said “you’re not a knight you’re a prince.’’ The dragon put Edward down. “Why did you put me down” said Edward. “Because you’re not a knight. I only like to catch knights because they always bully me and think I’m a beast” said the dragon. “Then why did you get Mabel” Edward said. “Because lots of knights will come to rescue her” the dragon said. “Here you go I’ll never catch knights again” said the dragon as he released Mable and flew off. “Wait!” Edward said, “I’ve got a good job for you back at the kingdom. You can be my noble steed.” “Yay” said the dragon. Edward got back to the kingdom just before sunrise. He fixed the door hole so his father would never notice and the Dragon made friends with the knights. Edward may not have been the hero of the day but he was a hero of the night and he was happy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!