I Have A Dream

I have a dream

Back in 1860’s the black and white people in United States were segregated. There were law calls “Jim Crow” denied black people equal rights. Black people were not allowed to use “Only White facilities” such as buses, schools, restaurant etc….
Until a man call Martin Luthar King jr who played a big role in civil rights movement from 1954 through 1968 and he said his famous Speech in 1963 “I have a dream”. In his speech he said:
“I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of "interposition" and "nullification" -- one day right there in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.”
This speech has changed a lot in the American life, and it was the drive to get more equal treatment for Black people. And they started to join white people in public.

Martin has shown if person has dream, should never give up and keep trying, as failure is not a sign of mission impossible but it is sign of you a trying and first attempt did not succeed, but you can try again in different way.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!