Year 5 Camp

“Yay we are at camp!” The first thing we did on camp was to find our cabin. It was easy to find our cabin and we got the penthouse which is one of the upgraded cabins. Then we had pasta bake for dinner. I am not a fan of pasta bake but I ate it because I was hungry and I did not what to waste food. Then we went to bed. I wasn’t missing my parents but was scared of the dark but I realised that I had ten people in my cabin so I should not be scared of the dark. When I woke up I was excited because a couple of my friends weren’t in my cabin but were in my day group. I was excited to see them, boy I was! The first thing we did was life safety. For life safety we did the tallest and the widest sandcastle then we talked about water safety. Raft building was horrible. It was all going well until we were about to put our barrels under our raft. we realised that the other team has stolen our ropes so we did not have any rope for our raft. The other team was paddling and pushed us so our raft broke and Byron’s hand got stuck between the wood and my friend and I got stuck under the raft till they moved it. Tubing was so fun. Our team listened very carefully so we had eight goes. The next day we did SUP (stand up paddle boarding) and I was partnered with Savannah. They told us not to go near the shark net. Savannah started singing,” row row row your boat”, and we were near the shark net so I said: “Savannah, Savannah”, and she still was sing, “row row row your boat”, so I screamed her name SAVANNAH then I told her that we were near the shark net. She also noticed that we were on the shark net now and we pushed the board with our feet and jumped off. Then we went home very tired. It was an amazing camp and the best camp I have been on so far.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!