Dawn Of The Cyclops


It was the start of a new morning, it was Saturday, kids were playing and people were packing for vacation, but we were already on vacation we had left yesterday but we were stopped by police and military with bazookas and machine guns it was really weird that is why I asked a army man what was happening and he said “It is war son, we are fighting beasts that were once extinct but they have risen from the dead.” Wow! I thought that’s scary then I asked the same man what we were fighting and this time he said “we are fighting cyclops!!” Suddenly I heard another noise and this time it came from behind. Then mum said “this is really not a good holiday." “Are you kidding’” I said “this is the best holiday of my life!!” “Less talking more fighting” said the army man we turned around and saw five cyclops standing and five cyclops dead. “Attack” yelled the Government, then suddenly the military shot full speed with all the guns, it was game on!! mom got way too scared so we turned around to go home but the car wasn’t there it was gone but that wasn’t half as weird as the rest of the stuff, everything else had disappeared, in fact the whole place had changed to caves and mountains!! Different animals and people were also spawning everywhere, there were sabertooth tigers, dinosaurs, cavemen and even worse the dinosaurs were eating the caveman and the cavemen were killing the dinosaurs, one of the cave men came up to us and said “me eat dinosaur for lunch” mum freaked out, but I joined the fight, mum literally fainted when she saw me attack a dinosaur with no weapon!! I nearly died but the cave man who made mom freak out saved my life, then after saving my life I gave him a dollar for a iron sword. I killed my first two dinosaurs and after I had killed my third one my sword broke. So this time I gave him two dollars for a giant steel battle axe. Which was much better at killing dinosaurs than the sword was, and that was probably because it was steel not iron. The fight went on for ages, we fought for twenty four hours. Then finally all the dinosaurs were defeated, or so we thought. That night we were celebrating our victory when a dinosaur attacked us, it ate ten people that night but lucky for me I was the only one who survived, but I wasn’t in the hut I was at school on the playground, It was just a dream!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!