Jay Dean And The Ancient Book

If it were up to Jay, The Dean family would have stayed in Texas, but it wasn't so they ended up moving to Iowa. All of Jay's friends were back in Texas and to visit them he had to travel 18hrs back just to visit his friends. The Dean family finally got to they're new house, They didn't expect it to be so big, This house had 7 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, and 2 media rooms "it is so big that I got lost in my bedroom" laughed Jay. "ok so your dad and I are going to go into town to get some food, what do you want to eat?" asked Jay's mum "I'll just have whatever I don't mind" he replied. Jay's mum and dad are reversing out of the driveway as Jay is listening to the sound of the car's engine slowly fade away until it is dead silence. He decides to go explore more of the house until he hears a big loud thump in the basement and so he slowly creeps down to the basement door and opens it with a loud screech from the old hinges of the door, it is now all dark and gloomy so he turns on the light and he sees mice scatter there was something that caught his eye, Sitting in the far back corner was a book, He took the book back up to see what it was about to his surprise it had the date stamed on it "1789" it was anceint, this book was probibly 3 inches thick, he had a quick flick through the pages and read some interesting content. He hears a knock at the door that made him jump his mum and dad were back. Whilst eating dinner Jay showed his parents what he had found they were amazed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!