Waves

Waves

The waves were swallowing anyone so unfortunate as to be seen at shore. Whole villages cries could be heard as the ocean roared ahead for a glorious second before it comes spilling inside. There was a showering of glass onto the screaming, terrified people as water surged inside. The tsunamis were bringing floods to the people who were unable to fight back or escape. Dogs howls were heard echoing. “How is it echoing?” One small, timid boy thought, poking his head out from round the dresser. “And how have I not drowned horribly in the rising floodwaters and tsunamis?” He stood up, shaking all over. A short five minutes ago, he thought his life would be over at the cruel young age of ten. He took a step, much like a babies first step, He was shaking horribly from fear. He clung onto the walls tightly as he nervously poked his head outside. Somehow, it was dry! But nobody seemed to be anywhere. “Mum! Dad! Are you there?” He shouted hearing his voice echo. What was happening? Nothing ever used to echo!? Well, apart from the memory of the sound of the waves, that was still in his head.

I figured out that everyone has evacuated my beloved village, which is sad. Here I am at the age of ten, the only survivor of the tsunamis. Too bad I lived to tell the tale when there is nobody to tell!

After the sea had settled down, you could see the shoreline villages had vanished and the survivors were starting to wonder where they were. They could no longer recognise were they were and thought they had been washed up on the sandy shores of America. Really they had been knocked unconscious by the tsunami and been taken to the hospital.
“Take me back home!!!” Yelled one
“It is too dangerous Emma!” Yelled the nurse.
“Another tsunami is coming!” Said a doctor looking at the television. Everyone looked at the tv, which was displaying the news.
“Hide! Hide from the tsunamis! They are coming to destroy us!” A map popped up displaying the areas which will be impacted. The hospital was in the middle of the impact zone. “We are going to die!” Said the nurse. Everyone’s eyes were glued to the television. “The tsunamis are pre-“ the news presenter gets stopped by some screams. He screams.
Water gushes in and the tv turns black.
Everyone's faces turn pale.

It's boring here, Except for I tried to cross over to the neighboring village, but there is glass.
I don’t know what it means but it doesn’t seem good.

Water was gushing into the hospital now, The map was right. Just as everyone had feared. The tsunami was swallowing everyone. Lots of people screamed and everyone's eyes widened. “Its following us!” One said. And they were the last words any of these people heard.

I am trapped. I guess my life will go on though. I am sure of it.
Maybe.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!