Mia And The Unicorns

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Mia. She loved unicorns. One windy morning Mia left the house and started exploring . . . Then Mia saw something shocking. It was a magic door. The magic door led to a land full of unicorns! Mia was shocked. She was that excited that she nearly ran back to her house. The unicorns were all rainbow coloured!
There were ten unicorns. They were named Lily, Eve, Delilah, Bettina, Indy, Naomi, Madeline, Maddison, Nicole and Ellie, they were all very friendly. Mia cuddled the unicorns and ran around in circles- she was so excited! Mia gathered all the unicorns, and took them all the way home to her house.
“Mum, can I go to the pond?” asked Mia.
“Yes” answered Mia’s Mum.
So Mia gathered all the unicorns and off she went. Mia ran as fast as she could. Suddenly Mia realised she forgot her bathers, so Mia ran home with the unicorns.
“Mum, where are my bathers?” asked Mia.
“Here” answered Mia’s Mum.
Mia ran to her room and put on her pink, black and white bathers.
Off Mia and the unicorns went to the pond.
The pond was really crowded that day. Mia and the unicorns ran into the water and began splashing around. Suddenly all the unicorns got a huge shock and ran out of the water. Mia had no idea what they were doing! Then she saw it- a big, green, fresh water crocodile!
Mia swam to the edge as fast as she could. When she was safely out of the water, she turned back towards the crocodile and saw that it looked sad.
“What is wrong?” asked Mia.
“I just wanted to say hello…” said the crocodile, “I am sorry I scared you all.”
“That is ok,” replied Mia and the unicorns, “we were just having fun splashing around.”
“I love splashing around in the water too,” said the crocodile, “would you like to have a ride on my back through the water?”
“Sure!” said Mia.
“Can we have a turn after Mia?” asked the unicorns.
“Yes,” answered the crocodile, and Mia hopped on his back and the crocodile paddled all around the pond.
When they came back, Madeline hopped on his back and had her turn. Then Lily had a turn. Then Eve. Then Delilah, Bettina, Indy, Naomi, Madeline, Maddison, Nicole and Ellie. They all had so much fun!
After a few hours, it was time to go home. Mia and the unicorns said goodbye to the big, green, fresh water crocodile and headed back to the magic door.
At the magic door, Mia had to say goodbye to the beautiful, rainbow unicorns.
Mia headed home to tell her mum that she had enjoyed the best day ever with the rainbow unicorns and the big, green, fresh water crocodile that lived on the other side of the magic door.
She went to bed and had sweet dreams. The end :)

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!