Leigh-Ann's Battle

My Name is Leigh-Ann. One day, early in the morning, I was on my way to school and I was thinking about what I would like to do in the future. I would like to be a spy saving people around me and fighting for my country Congo and also be the first female president”. But then, I said to myself “I am just a girl but I can fight for this”. After school, I reached home. I pleaded with my parents to go to America for karate lessons. “Mum can I please”, but my parents refused. “Leigh-Ann, you can’t study karate even though you want to be a spy. That’s unacceptable. Come on you are a girl”.
The day after, early in the morning, I was preparing myself to go to school when my mum and dad called me. “Leigh-Ann! come sit down we want to talk to you”. “Leigh-Ann your dad and I have agreed for you to go to USA and study karate because we know you really want this.” I was so surprised! and really happy to hear that.
On Saturday, I went to the airport with my Mum and Dad for my flight to New York. Two years later, I was on my way on a flight going back home and my phone rang it was my mum calling me, “she seems to be in danger, I thought”. I heard her crying on the phone and she told me that “there is a giant robot in town and it seems to be controlled by someone around. It’s killing people and destroying the whole town!!!”, “I’m on my way home, I’m in the bus right now. Don’t worry mum I’ll be there soon okay!? The phone hanged up.
After an hour, I was home. People were running all over the areas, all the tall buildings were breaking down and then I saw the giant robot from far away. My heart skipped! I ran away and went to put on my spy costume that I was given after I finished working for at a private intelligence agency in NYC. “I am ready to fight and save my country now”. I went out on my motor bike wearing a black costume and black boots. My mum was crying because she didn’t want me to fight the battle but I said to her, “this is the time to do this and nothing will stop me, I can’t let people die and I’m here, this won’t happen mum”! I drove off. After some minutes, I reached close to the Giant, I started to fight it, shoot guns and do whatever I could to save people. it was a painful battle and Lastly, I concurred. The police came and arrested the person who was controlling the dinosaur and he was called Mr Bad Guy. Mr Bad Guy was arrested and the whole nation was happy and back to peace again. The government was proud of me and it was all over the news on TVs.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!