The Five Sisters

The Five Sisters

Once upon a time, In a land of magic, there were 5 sisters. Each sister had their own nature element: Fire, Ice, Earth, Lightning and Water. The 5 sisters names were: Ash, Nina, Ivy,Holly and Coral. They used their powers to protect their home, Fairyland.




But they wished to do more. So, working together, they created an amulet and made a portal to a different land, the modern world. But right after they made it, horrifying creatures from underground surrounded the 5 sisters and trapped them in a cell.






But that never stopped them. “Girls, what do we do? We either tell them about the portal, or we stay and starve.” Holly said. “I would never! Ivy, you’re leader. What do you recommend?” Coral asked. Ivy then took out the amulet. “We use this.” Ivy whispered. “Well, let’s do this thing!” Ash shouted.






Ivy placed the amulet towards the sun, and everyone put their powers together. With a big flash of light, the powers united together and all the creatures disappeared underground. The cell door popped open and the sisters rushed out. “Whoo hoo! We’re out! High-Five everyone!” Nina said. Everyone did, apart from Ivy. “Ivy, what’s wrong?” Ash asked. “Nothing!” Ivy shouted. She touched her amulet and everyone transported back to their treehouse, thinking of the new world they created.





“We’ll just have to keep the amulet in a safe place. What if those foul ugly creatures come back?” Ivy asked. “Hmm, We’ll just have to find a new guardian in the modern world!” Ash suggested.

In a few weeks, the sisters had made their decision. A mortal girl called Isabella. Ivy traveled to Isabella’s home and talked to her. “No way! I thought is was just a story!”





“Well it’s true now! Here is the amulet. If anyone asked you, just say your grandma died and she gave it to you.” “OK. I will treasure this for life.” Isabella said clutching the amulet. Ivy smiled and disappeared. Isabella ran home without another word. Ivy went home and knew that fairyland would still stay a secret.

But as Isabella grew old, she knew she could not keep it any longer. So she handed it to her granddaughter, who said she would keep it for life for years to come. In fairyland, Ivy looks down to Isabella and knew she was doing the right thing to hand over the amulet. Ivy went into the portal and visited Isabella’s granddaughter, Cora. Ivy told her about the amulet, saying she can visit anytime she likes. Cora’s eyes widened. As soon as Ivy left, Cora put up the amulet and went in to fairyland for a brilliant hangout for the rest of the night. “Cora! I didn’t know you would be that excited to come. I thought you would wait! Why are you carrying a bag?” Ivy shouted. “SLEEPOVER!” Cora screamed.






“Well, let’s go! I got things planned for it already!” Ivy said. Cora laughed and ran.







FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!