Killer Moth

As the years go by the earth starts to get smaller and smaller until its so small it looks like something as big as your fist. Gas and oxygen is not there to support the earth’s core and health. In the year 3055 the earth got really small. The humans had to escape to safety if they wanted to survive. Some people stayed to help those who could not go on the spaceship because it cost $200,000 to get on. ‘Mummy can we afford to go on?’ said a little girl named Sarah she was 5 she had no idea what was going on. ’Yes honey of course we are very rich so yes we will be safe’ said the Mum who looked very young but very sweet named Wendy. As they got on the ship Sarah dropped her favourite teddy on the floor.’ MUMMY MY TEDDY I DROPPED HIM MUMMMY!!!’ screamed Sarah. As quick as a flash Wendy picked it up from the floor. Just then a huge killer moth came flying on to the ship. The police came running down the hall way with very worried faces on.’ Everyone please stay where you are please stay where you are’ cried the speaker. ‘Mummy are we in trouble?’ asked Sarah whose skin looked like it was going to fall off from fear. ‘Honey we are fine’ said Wendy and she gave Sarah a pat on the back. As the police took the killer moth away Sarah saw something… the killer moth had dropped a key. The key was the shape of the moths head but smaller. ’Mummy look a key!’ but the mother didn’t look for she was keeping a close eye on the moth.
So Sarah jumped off the ship and walked where the moth had been locked away. As she walked to the front door a policeman was sitting in a chair guarding the entry. ’Sir I saw the moth drop this key where did it come from?’ the policeman didn’t look or hear her for he was too busy playing a game on his phone.’ SIR THIS KEY IS VERY SHINY AND PRETTY YOU NEED TO SEE IT!’ yelled Sarah but he still didn’t look. Sarah cried and cried when she heard a whisper ‘Come Sarah ….come to the secret room!’. Sarah replied very quietly ‘the secret room…where?’ but there was no answer. Sarah walked into the room where the moth was being held. The policeman didn’t look so she was clear to go inside. As she walked in her skin felt deathly cold, her feet looked like they had been in fridge for hours and her face was dirty with food on it even though she hadn’t eat anything that day. The moth was looking at Sarah, it had been waiting and waiting. Its face looked like very sick. ’You don’t belong here Sarah. You belong somewhere else. Somewhere you will never scream in total darkness and pain again’ and with a snap of his fingers she was born again… but as a killer moth.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!