Teddy's Alive

Tap! Tap! Tap! I heard something knocking on my door. The door slowly opened and there in front of me were my three teddies that I had left out in the lounge room last night. “Caleb! This is not funny,” I mumbled. I slowly covered myself with my blanket. ‘I’m just dreaming,’ I thought.
Thump! Thump! Thump! Yep, something was definitely there. I got up and went to the lounge room. “Caleb! Come on, I know you’re there!” I shouted, getting annoyed. “Kiara, it’s us,” someone called, quietly. “Who’s us?” I asked.
Suddenly, all of my teddies emerged from their hiding places. I was about to shout to Caleb once more, but before I could say anything, a soft, furry hand touched my skin. A shiver ran down my spine. This was not Caleb’s hand! I turned around and there was my favourite teddy, Roxy!
All of a sudden, I felt a hand shaking me vigorously. I carefully rubbed my eyes, sat up and looked around. “Time to get up, Kiara,” said Mum. “Where’s Roxy?” I asked. I looked beside me and there was Roxy. Did he just wink at me? I’m sure he did.
I started thinking about what had happened. Was it a dream? Had my teddies really come alive? I guess I’ll never know.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!