I Want To Go To Venus

"Mummy I want to go to Venus this weekend!" squealed Milly excitedly. "No you are invited to your friend Sophie's birthday party!" explained Milly's mother. "At Venus?!!" the 4 year-old asked excitedly. Milly's mother grabbed her bag and said, "I'll tell you in the afternoon because I am off to work now okay?" "Okay" Milly sighed as her mother left. Milly walked into her bedroom. She slams the door shut and turns on the light. ‘CLICK!’ Milly opened a drawer and took out a map of the universe. "Oh I really want to go to Venus," Milly sighs. She pulls her favourite pen out of her blue school vest and draws a large circle around Venus. Suddenly, the door slams open. ‘BANG!’ Stomping in, comes Milly's 15 year-old brother. "HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO TELL YOU MILLY, DAD AND I ARE WAITING IN THE CAR!!!" he yells. "Okay okay I'm coming!!" she groans as she walks to her dad’s green Ferrari. They drive off. Milly looks outside her window. She spots a building with a sign that says ‘NASA’ On it. "YAY!!! STOP THE CAR!!!" she screams. "AHHH!!!" screams Ethan, Milly's older brother. Dad turns around and yells, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!!!" "BANG!!!" The car crashes into a post. All the airbags burst out. "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY NEW FERRARI?!!" Dad yells. He opens his door and steps outside. He opens my door and lifts me out. He helps Ethan out, but he doesn't lift him. "Are you all okay?" he asks. "Yeah Dad, but why did we crash?" replies Ethan. "Well you both were making a very loud noise and you were screaming. Milly, are you okay?" Dad asks. "Yes I am Daddy," she replies. "Good, now I am just going to ring your mother," he says as he takes out his phone from his pocket. Ethan was on his phone. So Milly tip toed to the big NASA building. She slowly opens the door. A man walks in at the same time as her. Milly noticed that the man’s bag was opened and empty. On it read: ‘TRIP TO VENUS’. This was her chance to go to Venus for the first time ever!! She imagined herself being the first human to step on Venus ever!! So, Milly jumped into the man's bag and hid in it. He didn't notice her! The man walked up to the counter. Suddenly, the door of the building opened again. Milly peeked out of the bag. She shrugged. Milly recognised the two men that had walked in. Could it be? It can't be. Or is it... DAD AND ETHAN??? "Hey I'm looking for a little 4 year-old girl named Milly!! Have you seen her?" the man asked desperately. Milly accidently wiggled a little bit and pulled the man to the floor. The bag split open and Dad and Ethan could see her. "Dad listen please I just really want to go to Venus," she cries. "One day Milly," dad sighs.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!