That Night

As the twilight moon Glistens, I walk down Bolt street, my hands inside my sleeve. My phone buzzes. I don't bother to check it until it buzzes again.
'Do NOT come home!' Mum types.
I wipe my eyes, thinking that I must be reading it wrong. Why doesn't she want me to come home? 'BUZZ' There it goes again.
'It's not safe here.'
Well, where do I go now? And most importantly, why can't I come home?
'MUM WHY?' No answer.
'MUM!' Again, no answer.
As I look at the sky, stars are shining along the milky way. I hear a rustle in a nearby bush. What is that? As I cross the deserted road I look closer into the autumn leaves.Mum starts typing again.
'Stay completely still..'
I start running. I don't even know why but I continue. I quickly stop, trying to catch my breath. In the gloomy, fading light the shadow starts to get bigger and bigger. Suddenly, I become face to face with this person. I don't even know if it was a person. Maybe an animal, a monster. I look closer. A big uneasy smile comes even closer to me. "IT'S YOU?!" a cold fist hits my head, and everything goes black..... My eyes eventually open. and I lay there, my body on the cold and bumpy road. I feel paralyzed. I yell but I feel like my voice just gets quieter every time. What do I do now? Is this really the end?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!