A Dark Night Falling

Blackness. Cold, dark blackness. That’s all I saw. I could hear the screaming still, the loud, frightening screaming. I couldn't tell if it had passed yet. So I stayed, quiet and still. Was it over? Could I move?why did they do this? As I daydreamed more than usual I heard mumbling, I realised that Kaity had been talking to me this whole time, I slowly opened one eye to tell if it was her, yes! Thank god she was ok! But not for long, one of them, the things were there!, we both got up and ran it had already seen us so it was only a matter of time before it attacked.

A long time ago a man called Heathcliff took over our land a while later he got drunk and unleashed a monster! A girl monster! Who had at least one million children, and that was a year ago. “We lost it!” Kaity yelled “see that mountain over there, we’ll go there then they can't follow us” I said “didn't you hear me we lost it” “yes but it’s most likely gone to get friends” “true” as we climbed I saw something glowing, “hey that way, to the cave” “no! You go” “fine” I scrambled over to the edge and stood up, it was a tunnel so I walked in. As I got closer and closer to the light I felt weird, like I had been here before, but not in real life in a dream.

Finally I entered a room, “what” I ran out going faster and faster till I reached the edge I jumped and climbed higher than Kaity, by then my tears were like waterfalls crashing out of my eyes, when I reached the top I stopped, my tears had slowed down and Kaity was just making her way up on the ledge of hard rock. “What's wrong? I haven't seen you cry like that since…” “my sister” I budged in “ what?” “my sister was in their, helping them” I started to think about mom again and how I lost her “we don’t know yet she could just be…” “NO! I DO KNOW, IT’S JUST LIKE HOW I LOST MOM, THE SAME WAY! SHE WILL DIE TRYING TO HELP THEM TO SAVE US ALL JUST LIKE MOM, just like mom” I cried and cried and couldn’t stop, all I could think of was mom. Then it happened, the bang and scratch, then falling, my sister was falling! “NO!” I jumped and grabbed her by the hand “no you can't leave” I pleaded. That's where it ended, were the fight stopped, were the light faded, where I disappeared and were hope was gone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!