Warzone

…the playground is like a battlefield, no guarantee of a win.
Your words are like landmines, explosive, ready to cause pain.
It isn’t a fair war, with nobody on their side.
Constantly putting up a ‘normal’ façade, building up walls,
Not wanting anyone to find out how they’re truly feeling.
Their life is a balancing act, any minute they can fall down,
Down like the tears that run from their eyes.
Inside is safer, where nobody can launch a missile of words on them.
But they sit there, lonely, thinking that this war is one they cannot win.
What is wrong with you?
Why are you doing this?
They cry themselves to sleep,
Dreading what hell the next day has to offer.
They have no armour to protect themselves from your assault of words and affliction,
You’ve turned everyone against them,
And nobody is on their side.
Your words are as harmful as bullets, yet, not even a bulletproof vest can stop the agony…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!