VIKINGS, FOR NOTHING

VIKINGS
For Nothing

The ocean crashed upon the rustic iron boats. The boats carried a girl named Ingrid, and her crew of Viking men. Ingrid, the captain of the Viking boat, directed the crew to the dragon’s nest to avenge her family. She was seeking justice and would do anything to make those filthy dragons pay for her loss. The crew would attempt to kill the dragons, Dartskull and Sprulldder.

Chasing behind Ingrid’s fleet were a clan called the ‘Enderal Dawn’, who wanted to stop the crew from killing the Dragons, as the clan worshipped them as Gods. The leader of the dragon clan was named Arne.

Arne yelled out to Ingrid. “Dragons are amazing creatures and you are going to kill them. Leave this place!!”. Ingrid unsheathed her sword.
“Well then why don’t you fight me like a man”, she said, gritting her teeth. Arne shook his head and held up his arm.

ROAR!ROAR!! The dragons emerged from the mountain and they flew to Arne’s army, coming face to face with Arne himself. Arne screamed at the dragons. “This crew is trying to attack you. You bring them DOWN!”

Ingrid and her crew readied their weapons. But then the dragons were after them. “Get off! GET OFF!” Ingrid screamed at the rest of her crew. But it was too late. Dartskull and Sprulldder blasted Ingrid’s armada to smithereens, killing most of Ingrid’s men. The survivors quickly exited the ship.

Ingrid got ready for another attack, as Sprullder began flying down towards her. And the Ingrid pounced, dodging Sprullder’s attack, slicing it’s stomach. Sprulldder crashed onto the floor, dying immediately. “INGRID DID IT! SHE KILLED A DRAGON!!” the crew yelled. Ingrid held her arms outstretched, and smirked at Arne. Arne was shocked. “Y-You k-killed Sprulldder… Y-You killed our GOD!” Arne said.
“Well, this “GOD” murdered my family! And I’ll do the same to you if you don’t back down!” Ingrid spat.

Dartskull flew high in the sky, roaring ferociously.
“Ready yourself men!” Ingrid ordered. “Hold your weapons high! Do not back down!”
The Crew did as Ingrid asked, holding their swords, axes and maces into the air.
That was when Dartskull emerged from the clouds, and fell upon the Crew. Their weapons stabbed through his hide, killing him instantly. But it came at a cost. Most of the crew were crushed by Dartskull’s sheer size. They had sacrificed themselves for the greater good. The dragon had missed Ingrid, and she stood up from the dust and debris. Arne was beside himself, and he jumped onto the small island that Ingrid was on. “You killed the only thing we believed in…” Arne cried. “NOW I’LL KILL YOU!” Arne drew his sword, and attacked Ingrid, stabbing her in the chest with full force. Ingrid fell down - dead. Arne collapsed to the ground and realised it had all been for nothing.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!