Nice Mean Teacher

As I walk back to school I could feel my heart beating like it had wings, suddenly I heard a familiar voice ‘Stacy wait up’, I turned around and saw Bianca running towards me, she’s my best friend, Bianca has black shiny hair that’s always up in a pony tail and she always leaves a strand or 2 out, for most teachers she’s an absolute angel. But I’m the complete opposite once you first see me you would think I wouldn’t be able to harm a fly but once you’ve heard of the amount of suspensions I’ve had you would think otherwise. ‘got any plans for the first day of a GRADE 6’ when I first met Bianca she was so quiet you wouldn’t think she was even there. But now she’s shouting like she’s the only one in the world. ‘Bianca’ I laughed ‘you’re shouting so loud I bet China could hear you’ ‘whatever’ I could her Bianca say in an annoyed voice. I walk into the school grounds and walk past the main office. I could see Mr. Nithercott signing papers, he looked as if he was around is 50’s. he was tall and fairly thin it was as if you could knock him down and he would break into thousands of tiny pieces like an antique. I never really like Mr. Nithercott and he never seemed to like me.
‘OH MY’ I could feel Bianca tapping me furiously ‘we’re late lets go’ I turned around and could see she was going to break into a sweat. ‘relax, take a chill pill’ I never seemed to worry about being late it wasn’t a big deal. I think. I could see Bianca gesturing me to run with her and I found myself running with her. As we finally reach our classroom I swing the door open and everyone turns their heads and stares at us. I could see our teacher, Ms. Fuller, she didn’t seem angry that we were late. She just smiled and said ‘settle down find some empty spots’ she seemed to nice. The rest of the day was boring as usual.
I walked home alone and tripped over something on what I thought was a rock but a bottle with a piece of paper stuck to it that said ‘DRINK ME’ of course it made me not want to drink it so I stuffed it in my bag and walked home. My mum cooked beef for dinner and I ran straight upstairs ‘are you going to do your homework?’ my dad called out ‘yes’ I shouted half way down the hall. Instead I pulled out the bottle and without thinking I drank it. But only half. It was as if the bottle was telling me to drink it. But nothing happened. It was probably just water. With a weird taste. The next day I was surprisingly early but my head felt weird. As Ms.Fuller was talking it was as if I could read her mind. I got every question correct without even trying. Was it the bottle? Then suddenly I could read what she was thinking. And let me tell you they were not very nice ones. Who would’ve thought nice teachers had mean thoughts.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!