Family Holiday

Last year my brother, my dad and I were playing backyard cricket. I was batting and my dad was bowling. My brother was wicket keeper. I swing and slam the ball soaring through the sky. It’s speed was supersonic and we couldn’t even tell which way it was going.

Mum said we were upstairs so I climbed up and what I saw was mind blowing. These were just some of the features. Huge comfy seats with cup holder wrapped with real leather, high speed phone charger, HD monitor, footrest and many more.

After we got off the plane we took a taxi van to our holiday hotel. The reception area was nice but the room was luxurious. I asked mum how we afforded this and she said since we chose to go to Scotland there was a sale so we had extra money and this is what we used it on. I asked how long we were staying and she said 2 days.

The next day we set off for some place. I asked mum where we were going but she just said you’ll see. After what felt like an eternity we were going through a small road filled with parked cars. We went through a gate and it was magnificent. It had tall pointed towers and drawbridge. It looked really old. The castle was palatial.

Mum said what we were doing here and she said we were taking a tour of the castle.
I wasn’t so keen on that idea because since it was so old it might have all sorts living and growing there so I told mum that I didn’t want to go in but she said this was a family trip and we all had to go.

My mum said we were free to explore and then I asked seriously you call this a tour. When I went through one of the halls it widened into a grandeur room with a very long table with mouth watering food.

After I went through another hall and realised that one of the torches had hinges. I mustered up all my strength and pulled. It was surprisingly easy.

I walked through a hallway it opened up into a huge room with treasure. I just took a handful of gold pieces and took them out. When we went home I showed mum it and she went crazy. She was half happy half sad because it might have been part of something really important.

At midnight we left for Sydney and went to a jewellry store and said we could probably make 4 million out of it.

The next day we were getting ready to move houses.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!