Deadly Roses

A deep dark blood red , weak petals and a dead green stem.
I have came to an understanding that people don’t understand the promises their making when they make them , i loved with a love so deep that it left a hole every time i urged myself to love harder , now was that love or Love? I want it to stop , i want to move on but i want to stop and let go of what loving you feels like … A part of me is missing it’s the part that i gave you.
Why is it that we doubt ourselves when someone hurts us? Why is it we wonder where we went wrong? Why is it we let them define us so easily why don’t we blame them for what they’ve done to us? Why is it we are willing to believe it was our fault? It’ll take a while to lose all the feelings i had for you , with reminders everywhere i go.. but i’ll never love another man like i loved you . you’ve changed me completely.
You broke my heart.
too naive.
too caring.
too loving.
too clingy.
too attached.
As my heart bleed , a different kind of red of shone through me , i call her ” ALEC’S Red.” Unconditionally, Undeniably.
I laugh but inside I feel empty , I cry and inside i feel heavy.. Some of us burn cities for love. Some of us drown in our own tears for it. I crave something real , my soul longs for you . One minute I’m so strong , the next i fall so weak.

Was I a fool to let you break down my walls?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!