Darkness

Flames burn in the depth of the night, the moon shone like one million diamonds,I turn my head to the shadow, my long curly brown hair swayed across my face as I froze In the cold caved night. A dark and lonely life has taken over. As the breeze touched my face, I felt the cold heart pounding, soul crushing voice of life. As the lonely shadows will creep across my soul out of all the fears of my dreams reality will come at me.

You may be wondering how this all started and why I live to this day, i’m jessica and this is my story. It was at the gas station as I told my mum “whens dad coming home?” she could sense the shivers as they came up my spine faster and faster, she said he would come, as a tear raced down here face, then I knew he was not coming, at that point my heart shattered into tiny pieces as they started to fade emotionally, but I still felt it. We live in a dark and sad town where it's hard to get a job, this was a place where all the hate of the past lived. Before my dad went missing my parents and I moved here to start over but all this place caused us was pain and regret. That bond we once shared was gone and all love was broken. It’s been three years since my dad went missing mum said it was just misdirection but i say it’s a lie i know something or someone was lurking in the shadows and that something has met its match. I felt bad you see, my mum says no matter how bad things are there's always some good, she trusted I would just let it go but maybe she doesn't know me as well as she thought. I said I was going to school I snuck past the pier where the guards were doing there normal lifeless game of cards as slowly it sucks the life out of them. As darkness awaits, I feel like i’m the only one that feels it.


I walk with fear then stop about to faint there laying there in cold harsh dust, was a woman wait……
A tear runs down my face, I burst into tears i tell myself to stay strong but the darkness fills my soul and I feel like i’m darkness as I stare cluelessly at what seems to be my mum I realize I was keeping my mum alive without me it would get her. The clues it came together, I fell as I realized it was him my dad. All this time they were multiplying every defense was one step closer to death. Then i realized the only way to defeat him was to remind him of the times we shared together and the happiness that's still in him.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!