The Mermaid Finds Its Family

Excellence Award in the 'Horizon of Dreams 2018' competition

One day there was a thunderstorm. There were four mermaids, they were a family. In the storm the father, the baby and the mother mermaid got separated from the child mermaid. The child mermaid was called Cerise, she was lost on a big rock underwater. She woke up and went to find her family. She went past the darkest seas and she still didn’t find her family. Then she noticed something that was her mother’s on the sand, underwater. It was a beautiful seashell that her mother carried with her. Then she went forwards, then she saw a mermaid go right, she thought it was her mother, so she followed her. The mermaid had blonde hair and a purple tail, and she had a baby with her, but not her father. Cerise shouted to the mermaid, “Mum, is that you?” Her mum said, “Yes, you found me,” and they hugged each other. “But where is dad?” Cerise said.
“He got hit by a wave and I kept shouting, ‘Where are you?’ But then we lost him.”
Cerise said to mother, “Where did he get hit by a wave?”
“At the place where I lost my special shell,” said mother.
“I picked it up for you,” said Cerise, and she gave it to her.
“Thank you,” said mother. “But now we need to find your father.”
They went forwards, left, right and backwards, but there was still no sign of father.
Then they went right again and found him.
They all went to bed happy and lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!