Have A Nice Weekend

As I was driven to school in a cramped car full of my three brothers and my dad, I sighed knowing that school was about to start. Sometimes I’d wish mum was still alive to tell them to quiet down. It hasn’t been easy without her lately I’ve been really depressed ever since, and to make matters worse my archenemy, Doris, hasn`t been making things any better. So, I just decided to get to school and meet up with my best friend, Matty, he always knows what to do.

As I hopped out of the car towards the crowded school, the big billboard said ‘have a nice weekend’. Weird, I thought, it would only ever say that if it was Friday. Then I finally realised that IT WAS FRIDAY!!! I was doomed I’ve never had incomplete homework before. I decided to rush into the school to finish it off as soon as possible. As I walked into the courtyard I spotted Matty’s shaggy brown hair and ran towards him. “Hello, Sal”, he said as I sat beside him. “Hi. Look I have an emergency I went to bed early last night and forgot to do Question 11!!!” I exclaimed. “Well, that doesn’t matter, you can just do it now.” Matty replied. “Oh yeah!!! Thanks.” I said then quickly did it.

Later as I walked down the dark hallway it suddenly didn’t feel as dark any more as I smiled with pride knowing that I have successfully completed another week’s worth of homework. Of course there always has to be ONE person that spoils your day, as I skipped down the hall I heard the clip clopping of three inch heels, and the swishing of Madonna styled hair. Doris, I thought as I ran down the hall as fast as I could, but even in high heels Doris could run after a cheetah. “Hey there, Sally Wally, are we near a slaughter house or did you just forget to shower,” she sneered.” I just need a little favour… I want you to do my homework that I purposely forgot to do.” “Get a tutor”, I said then ran away before she wanted me to do any more of her evil bidding.

I arrived at my locker thinking of a new plan to fight back, I got out my old tape recorder, and rushed to the cafeteria. I got out the tape recorder, and recorded everything Doris said about homework, then something odd happened. Doris started talking about Ms Simmons (which is the teacher that I need to submit the homework to) to her friends and not in a good way, so I recorded that too.

Before I knew it, it was lesson seven, I lined up with my homework and waited until Ms Simmons arrived. After we all walked in I handed in my homework and soon it was Doris’ turn. “Where is your homework Miss Cutburn”, said Ms Simmons impatiently. “I was too busy helping orphans around the world, so I didn’t have time to do it”, replied Doris. “WAIT!!!”, I yelled, “I have proof that Doris didn’t do it so she could help orphans!” “Well than let’s see it”, said Ms Simmons suspiciously. I played the recording, and soon Ms Simmons puzzled look turned into an extremely angry one. “That is it,” yelled Ms Simmons, “DORIS! Detention for a week!” Doris walked out of the classroom with a sad look on her face. “Hey, Sally that was a pretty brave thing you did back there to turn me in”, said Doris, “Maybe we can be friends one day, and have a nice weekend.”



FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!