We All Make Mistakes

Ding, dong, ding, dong went the wedding bells. The music started playing and Sarah Patronie walked down the carpet. Her fiancé, Patrick Mello, turned around and smiled at her. She returned the smile, which turned into a grin. And then all went black and she woke up.

She still had a smile on her face as she woke up. She turned to her right, and there he sat, staring out the window. He felt her move and turned his head and smiled at her. She gave a loving sigh to him and thought “Am I the luckiest woman in this world or what”? The plane gave a sudden shudder. Sarah snapped out of her loving thought and gave a quick glance over at Patrick. He returned the glance and they smiled at each other which seemed to go on for hours but only really went for 3 seconds. The plane gave another shudder, this time more violent. Then before you could say “what’s going on”, the plane had announced that they were out of fuel. They were going to have to make an emergency landing. People started to panic, including Sarah Patronie. But not Patrick, no, he just sat there enjoying the view.

“Darling, you do know we have to make an emergency landing, don’t you”? He didn’t answer. A matter of fact, he just sat there staring out the window. Sarah stared to shake him and he started to move. But that’s when it happened. Sarah Patronie screamed so loud that she burst everyone on the planes eardrums. She started feeling weary and dizzy. She didn’t know what was going on.
“We’re going to die, we're going to die. Knew I never should of trusted this plane company. It’s all Patrick’s fault”, she muttered over and over again.
“Aaaaaggggghhhhh, she screamed again. I can’t take the pain anymore”, she roared.

She sat up with a jolt, feeling a great pain in her head. Her dooner cover was still on and the curtains were still drawn.
“He’s gone, he’s really gone forever”, she sobbed quietly. Then quite suddenly, he door started creaking open. A man with a black hood walked in, holding something that looked an awful lot like Sarah’s shower head. He walked over and swung the shower head hard down on Sarah’s head. She woke up screaming again for the 730th time in a row. Every night, for two years.

“Hello, this is Sarah Patronie. I would like to speak to you about Patrick Mello’s death”. Sarah Patronie was arrested the following day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!