Game World

Game World
Written by: Aiden Lafaber
Long ago lived a boy named Nathan he loved playing video games all the time in his spare time. He lived in the quiet suburban area of Melbourne, Australia, in a quiet farming area. One day Nathan's mum called him over and said we are going to the Manchester fair. A once in a year fair held in the heart of their town, themed after their town. In the peak of the night Nathan and his mum hoped into the car and drove off to the fair. When they arrived the front of the fair was lit up with colourful flashing lights, games, children laughing and screaming playfully. It was as colourful and happy as a birthday party but way more terrific. As I walked into the fair there was a blonde haired boy staring right at me . The first thing I thought was that I might have had a booger on my face or maybe I spilt something on my shirt, that looked like spit. But there wasn’t anything. He wore a sky blue t - shirt, with a navy blue shorts. The boy then came up to me and asked my name in a very shaky voice. “My names Nathan I had said and yours. “ The boy replied “my names Andrew nice to meet you.” “Andrew said do you like video games?” I love video games replied Nathan. All we talked about were video games and our favourite colour and games.The next minute Andrew’s mum and Nathan's mum started to talk and allowed them to go on as many as rides as they wanted together, but they had to be back at that exact spot at a certain time. A few seconds after those very words Nathan & Andrew raced onto the ferrous wheel, next the bumper cars and lastly racing into the laser tag arena . While they played laser tag Andrew noticed something glowing in the far back Nathan went and picked it up and didn’t know what it was. So he showed it to Andrew. Nathan said “what is that?”. “I don’t know” replied Andrew. So Andrew threw it away. BANG!!! Suddenly both of them turned their heads and saw a unusual looking, door so they went through the door. Nathans and Andrews’s eyes open wide as ever. It’s a game world. The level 1 is you have to cross the streets, level 2 you need to make a house, level 3 you need to cross the river. If you loose you will remain in the game and be eaten by the pixel t-rex. Andrew said lets go ok we need to cross the street it’s just like crossy road but we are characters let's jump on the cars to get to the other side said Andrew ok said Nathan. Level 1 completed. Level 2 building a house Nathan said “it’s just like playing Minecraft also let’s make a small one”
“ok” replied Andrew. In the house there was a bed, shower and kitchen.
Level 2 completed. Level 3 crossing the 1 cm river so Nathan and Andrew crossed the river. you have succeed and have won!!! You may go back through the portal to the real world.so Andrew & Nathan went through the portal back to the real world. When they got back their mums were still at the fair and they made it just in time to return back.


The End




FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!