The Flight To The Middle Of The Jungle

It was just another ordinary day at the Californian airport. Jeff who had blonde hair and blue eyes always wore blue jeans and shirt. Bob had brown hair and eyes and always wore red clothes. Jack was exactly the same as Jeff. Their teacher, Mrs Noisy always wore a red and purple skirt and had dark green eyes and black hair. We’re all going to Italy for seven days to learn about Italian history. Jeff, Bob, Fred and Jack are in year ten (aged 16).
Mrs Noisy shouted, “HURRY I SEE WHERE OUR PLANE IS!” Once they got on the plane, they all grabbed a lolly each to chew while the plane lifted off. Fred squelched his face and said in a disgusted voice, “The yellow snake tastes disgusting!” “I know,” replied the boys.
Once they were in the air, everyone unclicked their seat belts to get a snack and drink. While they were eating cheeseburgers, the captain yelled, “WE’RE GOING DOWN BRACE FOR IMPACT!”
Next, everything went silent, then a big thud. It appeared Jeff, Bob, Fred, Jack and Mrs Noisy were the only survivors. Jack said in a scared voice, “They’re all all dead.” “I I know,” replied the others in the same tone as Jack.
Mrs Noisy stepped out of the plane and screamed in horror. The others ran out and Mrs Noisy said, “We’re in the Amazon jungle.” The other four yelled, “The what jungle?” “Amazon jungle,” replied Mrs Noisy. “Oh I read about this place,” said Jack. “Same, it’s home to some of the most dangerous animals,” Bob said wearily. Fred in a scared voice said, “Guys, it’s getting dark, I think we should block all entrances to the plane and sleep in it for the night.” “Agreed,” replied the others.
The next day, they woke up quite early. Jeff said, “Let's get some supplies and try to build a raft.” “Okay,” replied the others in very sleepy voices. While they were out collecting supplies, Mrs Noisy stumbled across a village and thought to herself, I reckon I can keep these kids on the island and while they starve, I’ll eat at this village. Mrs Noisy ran to try and catch up to the boys. When she found them, it looked like they had enough food to last a week. “Oh hi Mrs Noisy!” exclaimed Jack. “It’s getting dark, time to sleep,” Mrs Noisy replied.
The next day the four boys woke up to the sound of people doing a dance around Mrs Noisy. Jack squelched his face and said in a disgusted voice, “Those villagers worship Mrs Noisy?!” Then the villagers turned to the boys and aimed their spears at them. The boys ran to their hut, grabbed a bamboo raft and quickly paddled away. In the distance, a villager grabbed a raft…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!