Gary Day

“1,2,3,4… hold on Gary was here this morning where is that foolish kid? Oh wait a minute he went home” Miss. Chalk said as she studied her line of students. “Um Mrs. Chalk that’s Chris who went home” said Bill “Oh yes I think I’m going mental or something” replied Mrs. Chalk. Mr. Dwaytt the school principal came sprinting towards them, “Quick! He’s down by the tree the one who ate my wife and son!” Filled with confusion Mrs. Chalk stated “…and I’m the mental one?”

Whilst Mr. Dwaytt and Mrs. Chalk were arguing Gary was having fun with a tree. Yes, you guessed it, the Monster Tree. It was moving and still smelt like the blood of its last victim. Bones scattered everywhere, livers, hearts and lungs hanging from its branches. It was torture just looking at it. I don’t know how Gary was playing with it.

The Monster Tree looked at Gary and said “I’m going to have fun eating… I mean playing with you!” Filled with appreciation for his new found friend, Gary then gave it a kiss. The Monster Tree didn’t seem to like it. Gary started walking back with caution, “I best be off, it’s my favourite time of the day- nap time” but the Monster Tree said “You can have a nap in me!” and lunged forward at Gary with his teeth flaring!

Out of nowhere, Bill came soring to Gary’s aid carrying an axe in one hand and making a fist of furry with the other. Billy punched the tree but his branches didn’t even shake. Gary started screaming, “Hey that’s my friend you dumb dumb!”, “It’s a monster tree you fool!” shouted Bill, as he swung the axe into the tree. The tree didn’t even flinch and with one big gulp he ate Bill.

At that moment Gary realised he was a monster tree and so Gary pulled out a chainsaw out of his bag and said “It’s always handy to have a chainsaw in your bag!” and so he chopped the Monster Tree down but had forgotten that Bill was inside. Luckily Gary only cut off Bill’s legs. All of a sudden the monster tree grew back he said “The only way you can kill me is if you cut my stump…. dammit! I told you how to kill me. Ignore everything I just said!” Without hesitation, Gary cut the stump and the monster tree burst into flames. The whole town loved Gary and even named a day after him – Gary Day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!