Gangs Kayaks On The Mighty Waterfall

On a fine morning, all that was heard was the birds chirping and the kookaburras laughing. Kayden decided to ring up his gang to see if they wanted to go on a holiday with him. They all said, “Yeah sure, why not?”
All morning they were packing for the upcoming adventure. The gang took off in the brand new Mazda that Nikki hired. Finally they arrived at the camping site, after an hour’s drive. The gang had six tents up one for Kayden, one for Nikki, one for Wayne, one for Judy, one for Laynee and last of all Karly. The fire was brighter than the sun, I think it brightens the world. The sparks went up beyond the earth as the sun went to bed, as the moon awoke from 12 hours of sleep. As the beam of sunlight shone upon the six campmates, the waterfalls were crushing. The campmates slowly woke up and all a sudden Judy had thought of a magnificent idea, since they brought along the kayaks. “Why don’t we go kayaking to start the day off with?” The gang had got ready in a flash, they started right off in the centre of the river, right near the edge of the waterfall so they had to be careful. The group had three kayaks with two people able to fit because there were two seats.
WOW! We all got closer to the edge of the waterfall
“WE ARE ABOUT TO DIE!” yelled Wayne.
Before you knew it, all three kayaks were half off the edge. They accidently dropped the paddles down the crushing fearful waterfall, they were not able to steer or take control. Never did they never think that these would be the last words of all time. “AAAHHH this can’t be my final stage of my lifetime, I’m too young to die, aahhhh!!!!” screamed Laynee.
“STOP! We all just need to calm down.” “How can we, we are about to die?” “No we’re not.”
“WHAT WORKS? TEAMWORK. That’s right, to survive we need each-other, so Laynee, Nikki, Wayne, Judy, do you want to die?” “Heck no.” “Then let’s try to use our arms as paddles, everybody paddle backwards, so we start to move backwards away from the edge.” “OKAY!” SCREAMED Laynee the drama queen. The six campmates all stuck together and became a team.
In the end they were all okay, it took a few hours to reach a bench of land so after all that, they all know now, that teamwork is the answer when it comes to a physical danger or a dangerous situation because that also will fix the problem and not just that, it will improve your friendship. They all know not to go near the edge of a waterfall especially if you accidently dropped your paddle. Other than that, the holiday was great, but unfortunately they all have to go back home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!