Underestimation

She had a smile that could light up a room no matter how dark, and she was not afraid to show it.
She loved wrapping herself in beautiful gowns with flowing, elegant skirts, and she was not afraid to wear them.
She had a voice that begged to be heard, that resonated in the hearts of those blessed with the sound, and she was not afraid to use it.
She was never afraid to be gentle to the sinner, to love the outcast, to comfort the lonely.
But they ridiculed her, degraded her, called her weak. They saw no power in her love and kindness. No force in her compassion. They did not see that the smile she bore shone because it had seen so much suffering, yet it had survived.
They did not see that the laced skirts she adored had replaced dirty rags, how that soothing, angelic voice shook with anger, fear, hate - but most of all - forgiveness when it rang like a church bell for all to hear.
They did not see that what they thought made her weak made her strong... until all was lost, and they regretted not seeing that she was not a passive doll made for their pleasure, for them to look upon.
Oh, how they regretted not seeing.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!