That's Why You Don't Go In The Attic

That’s why you don’t go in the attic

“We’re here!” shouts Mum as we drove down into a new neighbourhood. “This is our new home!” Dad explained with joy. I stepped out of the car, there stood before me a mansion. “Go check the backyard Jasmine,” Dad yells from the car. “Sure,” I muttered. My mouth falls open it’s a beautiful backyard. Nicely cut lawn, a tyre swing hanging from a tree. An amazing flowerbed around the fence. My brother Jack comes next to me and all he says is “WOW.” I knew Jack couldn’t wait to play. “Yep this is your new backyard,” Dad says. “Go inside pick a bedroom.” I run inside the mansion. Mum is cleaning. “Go on” Mum urged. I open a room. “That’s the attic.” I open the room next to it. It was pretty. “This is my room,” I say. “Okay bedtime,” Mum replied. It was a cold when I wake up there was a noise coming from the attic. I follow the noise, the door is open a jar. I peek in. Then I just open the door completely, something falls. It was a dusty, brown, old looking book. I go back to my room and put it on my shelf. Next Day my friends come over, Alyssa, Cate, Amelia, La’tia and Cecilia. We were in my bedroom when I show them the worn book I found in the attic. “So you found it in the attic,” Alyssa says in a giggly voice. “Open it,” says Cate in a squeaky voice. “What does it say?” asked Amelia. “Nothing,” I say. WHOOSH!!! “Help!” screams Cecilia. “Save me!” La’tia yells. BAM! I landed on something hard. I realise it was rough grass. “You have to finish the story!” says a booming voice. I look around at everyone they looked okay. “You have to fight” says the voice. Weapons appeared in everyone’s sore hands. “In a graveyard,” yelled a voice. “No we aren’t fighting!” screamed Amelia and Cate. “You will have to if you want to return home.” I look around again, it was now a graveyard. A skeleton army appears out of the graves. Dust monsters rose out behind the gravestones. “Attack!” they screamed. I charged forward with my friends. “Help,” screams Cecilia. Who was fighting the Dust monsters. I grabbed a vacuum cleaner underneath an oak tree. “Here use this” I said quickly because a skeleton with a sharp rusty sword right behind me. Cecilia vacuumed up all the dust monsters. As Alyssa smashed the last skeleton into pieces. I realise we had won the battle with no blood to lose. Everything was a blur. I was back home. Mum and Dad were packing. We were leaving the dreadful place. “Yes!” I shouted. I look at the mansion one more time. I was going to miss it. “Come on,” says Mum. We all jumped into the Ute as the next family moved in. I remember about the book. I forgotten it had no tittle.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!