The First Girl Drummer

Nowadays girls drum all the time, but in the olden days no girls even thought about drumming! Except for one 11-year-old whose dream was to play the drums, her name was Star and she came from Chicago. One day she was walking in the park and she saw these boys playing in a band to earn some money. Then suddenly the drummer said, " I quit, this is too hard, and it's unfair!!" After that he stormed off.
The next day she saw that the boys had put up a sign saying, "NEW DRUMMER NEEDED" So she took courage and went up to the boys. "I would like to be your drummer, I don't have any experience but I'm a fast learner", Star said in a small voice. "You, HA." exclaimed the lead guitarist. The rest of the band laughed at her. She was heartbroken, she wanted to cry but her parents told her crying doesn't get you anywhere.
So, she gathered up all her friends and they made a band of their own. They had Star on the drums, Roxie on the bass guitar, Lily on the electric guitar, Amelia on the keyboard and Zulu the singer. At first people laughed at them then they realised they were actually pretty good! They became a very famous band called "Galaxy". Some people liked them some didn't, but no matter what people said they kept doing what they loved! Now, this is a message to all girls " Do what you want, don't always listen to other people!" From me
Waikare Warouw!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!